I can't Believe it's going on 39 yrs of Marriage "1987- 2026
It all began from a short meeting in a truck stop in my little town called
Fontana, calif. yeah, I wonder if that place is still going ? Probably not.
We spent the weekend together & then we went from there & 9 mons
later we were married, that's after I spent 6 mons on the road with him.
Neither 1 of us had anything of value to hang on to or call ours in life
He was already married & it was falling apart with 2 grown boys &
I was living on the road as a hitchhicker state to state town to town.
It was like it was meant to be for the 2 of us to be together by God
we just happen to meet at a truck stop & life took hold from there.

We had some rough spots that we had to go through but we made it
we had a lot of learning curves to get through & God helped usto
get through them day by day time just went by mon to mon yr by yr.
There were times when I think both of us was wondering if it was
worth the effort & time we had spent together, cause nothing came
easy for us, the $ wasn't there to do a lot of things, the time wasn't
there cause he had to spend most his time on the road & time went
by like it didn't matter what we had to go through we were going
to make it 1 way or another & the 1 way was through God himself.
1 thing led to another, we stuck it out through thick & thin day by day
mon by mon, yr to yr, & after everything we have been through 39 yrs
has come through everything we have been through together what a life.
When we Promised 4 ever we MEANT every ordinary-stubborn
2-morrow together ! ! ! The depth of commitment shows when you
hold on through all the rough hard times things come together.
Growing old together is when you keep discovering reasons to
stay together, commitment is sticking together when the hard
times starts & you stick it out no matter what, & forget the past.
This & a lot of hard headedness helped along with way for us
like certain love songs that was in our time of hard knocks &
tough times of making life work for us songs that kept us
thinking about what we would do without each other & alone.
Eighteen Wheels And A Dozen Roses < Listen
One Piece at a Time < Listen this is what our marriage was like.
Two Dozen Roses < Listen
Deeper Than The Holler < Listen
I'll Leave This World Loving You < Listen
On The Other Hand < Listen
Forever and Ever, Amen < Listen
Burned Like a Rocket < Listen
Remember When < Listen
These were the songs that kept us going day after day
there were times I would write him love notes of the
love I had for him, how I missed him on the road &
the things we had went through & just things I had
on my mind, & while he was out on the road he'd
read them & it gave him time to think B-4 he came home.
Like I said we had some rough hard times but through
it all we made it work, there were days we didn't speak
to each other, there were days we didn't even want to be
around each other, but God himself got us back on track.
There were times when our health put us on edge as to
if this was the end or can we get back on our feet again.
The life we have had together to this point has been a 1
of a kind life with each other, we had doubts, we had pain
we had tough times, but most of all we had each other.❤️

Comments
Post a Comment