Keeping up with your filter system for Aquariums & ponds alike
I have 1 just like this, & I like watching my fish swimming around everyday
I don't have a lot of plant's & stuff in my pond where they can hide, but I do
have certain things in it that keeps them safe & take time away from stress.
Like for instance driftwood they can get under or B-hind to get away from
other fish that's harrasing them or just to chill awhile, I also have some pvc
piping in the pond for the same reasons, That keeps them from stress &
more relaxed, & the more relaxed they are the better they are without fear.
Fear in a pond is not good for any fish, small or large. It causes stress &
Death & B-4 you know it your seeing less fish than you had :>{ SO how
do you solve this problem ? you don't let too many people around the pond
is #1, you feed them at the same time everyday or every other day, & you
keep a close eye on the filtration system you have going on the pond.
The main thing about a good filter system is "SIZE" & how well you
stay on top of it's maintenance, the more filtration media you have the
better it will keep your pond clean & safe for your fish living in the pond.
This DOESN'T MEAN you have to clean it every week or every month
But it does mean you have to keep things in check with it every so often.
That means you have to test the water every other week for smells, color
algae, dead fish, or plant's if you have any in the pond, & any adnormal
fish that doesn't look right with ick, or not swimming right, all bad signs.
That's a caution sign that something isn't right, that's where you start
This is when you start checking the water with a test kit & think about
when you last cleaned the filter system, or did a 50 % water change last.
All this maintenance will help keep everything in order with your pond
& the same for your aquarium if you don't have a pond, anything you
put fish in has to be maintained to keep them healthy, happy, & safe.
How to Clean Filter Media < read this is a good place to start.
Best Ways To Maintain A Fish Tank < watch this is a good start.
Good fish keeping starts with good maintenance, The better you
manage your filtration system the better you will keep your fish
happy, healthy & alive, as well as a good looking setup for all.
With what tanks & ponds I have I set certain times to do my
maintenance on both, being I have 1 8 ft round pond (photo)
& 2 aquariums in my cabin, 1 75 gal & a 30 gal I keep up with.
I keep a calendar on hand to write down what needs to be done
when, water changes, filter cleaning, I may even have to do a
total aquarium clean out, that's breaking the tank all the way
down & cleaning it from top to bottom end to end a total water
change, why you ask? cause sometimes that has to be done to
get all the muck & junk UNDER the gravel out of the tank.
That's what can cause problems with a tank faster than
anything else, gas can build up under the gravel when it's
disturbed & that's not good & that's how fish get sick with ick
& any other stuff that can harm your fish, think about it ?
They say to over crowd your ponds & Aquariums with plant's
but what if you don't want to over crowd your fish with all
them plant's ? you just want something that will help the
look of the aquarium, something that the fish can hide in
maybe even have babies in, yeah I've heard all the stories
about how plant's help keep a tank & pond clean & so on.
BUT when you have to pull all those plant's out to do a full
clean out what does that do to the plant's ? it stresses them
out & the floating plant's OML 😧that's a disaster in itself.
So everything I've put on here has it's own quirky way of
doing something to or in or with your water system for fish
that you have to B-aware of every so often to keep them safe.
10 TOP TIPS for a Sparkling Clean Planted Tank < watch

Comments
Post a Comment